Monday, September 20, 2004

Godparents

Honeybun and I are now officially godparents. It's somewhat anti-climactic. Cody didn't get that wet after all, just a little dribble on his head that didn't even run over his face. He didn't cry. Not even a whimper either. He is a very good natured baby. He pretty much just looked around wondering what all the hubbub was about. Not much else happened. The whole thing was shorter than a Vegas wedding.

You'd think the church would have a gift-shop that sells "My nephew got baptized and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" t-shirts.

We did get a gift - a plaque that says "Godparents" with a greeting on it. Which is cool. We also got a card from Cody thanking us for being his godparents - but I suspect it was forged. I'm sure he doesn't know how to write yet. Which leads me to question, what did Dan Rather know and when did he know about the forged greeting card from Cody.

So Jase (you ask), when are you two going to have a kid? Well, Honeybun and I are talking about it. We're planning to pull the goalie off the ice after the holidays are over.