Friday, January 30, 2009

25 random things

(My Original Blog Post: http://semperjase.com/?p=776)
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.

1. I served four years of active duty in the USMC. Joining was one of the best decisions I have ever made.

2. I was the one who gave the ultimatum to get married. Thankfully, she agreed. Another of the best decisions I have ever made. One for which I am thankful everyday, most especially since we have had our daughter with whom I am totally smitten.

3. I converted to the Catholic Church in 2005.

4. If I could, I would live on pork lo mein or the classic turkey dinner.

5. My birth certificate shows four names. I only use three when I write my "full name" on legal documents.

6. Years ago I had success on the Atkins diet but quit when I realized I couldn't live without being able to eat mashed potatoes.

7. I have only one more test to complete to get my Master's degree.

8. I am an introvert - significantly so according to the Myer's Brigg's indicator. I wish I wasn't.

9. I'm looking for a new job, preferably in the Las Cruces, NM area. Anyone need a tech writer?

10. I am one of the two funniest people I know*. My friend Darin is the other (the only person who can regularly make laugh until I get tears.)
*(Your results may differ.)

11. I am currently reading The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp, and The Hand of Chaos by Margaret Weis & Tracey Hickman.

12. My favorite recipe for spaghetti includes Velveeta. I learned how to make it from my Grandma but she made it better.

13. My cholesterol is in the "good" range. (Just got the test results back)

14. My glucose is a little high. Doc says to cut back on the carbs and sugar, but life without root beer is like...well, life without root beer.

15. Considered giving up the Internet for Lent this year, but realized that would be impossible with my remaining grad school commitment.

16. Not used to our dog Cowboy being gone. Still get the urge to take him outside before I go to bed.

17. I was a talk radio junkie until I got an iPod and discovered podcasts. Now I'm a podcast junkie.

18. Favorite musical artists: Steve Taylor, The Sundays, and Hootie and the Blowfish.

19. Favorite drink: rum and Coke. Haven't had one in over 8 years. Wow, has it been that long? (sigh).

20. Favorite cake: Rum cake. Had some last month.

21. Was known to skip class in high school to go play racquetball.

22. Want to start a podcast. I'm thinking of a skeptical examination of conspiracy theories. The outlandish claims about the Jesuits are some of my favorites. Like the claim that it was Jesuits actually masterminded 9/11 using the CIA/FBI to execute the plan.

23. Grew up in Phoenix, AZ. I do NOT miss the heat. Much prefer the experience of all four seasons that I get in Colorado.

24. I believe that Christmas actually is "the most wonderful time of the year."

25. Is proud to have a daughter. It is more rewarding than I ever imagined.