Sunday, February 01, 2004

Remember the good ole days

Remember the good ole days when the Superbowl was family programming?
By now I'm sure you've heard that CBS is apologizing for Justin Timberlake "accidentally" exposing Janet Jackson's breast.

Those who saw it (I just missed it. I was looking at my wife when my buddies said "Did you see that?) know that her nipple was covered by a silver tassle.

So let me get this straight, Ms. Jackson regulary keeps pasties on under her clothes - I'm sure for just such an occasion. During the performance, Timberlake and Jackson were basically dry-humping the whole time. Combined with Nelly's "take off all your clothes" song, the whole half-time show was adults only fare.

CBS is now claiming that MTV will never produce another Superbowl half-time show. That seems to be scapegoating. CBS must have been aware that MTV was promoting Janet Jackson's Super Bowl Show Promises 'Shocking Moments'

I have a pretty high tolerance for this kind of thing. The Superbowl, now pretty much an American holday, is not the place. Keep it rated "G" for this one event please.